Rainbow at Changi Broadwalk

Go down

Rainbow at Changi Broadwalk

Post by fastfrag on Fri 09 May 2008, 10:53

my 1st post, taken at changi broadwalk during evening time when spotted this raining thats fadding away. Pls C n C . thanks

[img][/img]
avatar
fastfrag
Member
Member

Male
Number of posts : 91
Age : 37
Location : Singapore
Reputation : 2
Registration date : 2008-05-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rainbow at Changi Broadwalk

Post by nicholas_khoo on Fri 09 May 2008, 11:41

hey, very nice composition!
Hmm...it's a pity that the foreground is a bit out of focus.....It will be great if it is sharp...or maybe it is my computer...

Very good Color balance and exposures too!

cheers,
nick khoo
avatar
nicholas_khoo
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 307
Age : 40
Location : ALJUNIED
Reputation : 0
Registration date : 2008-05-04

View user profile http://web.me.com/nicholaskhoo

Back to top Go down

Re: Rainbow at Changi Broadwalk

Post by Admin on Fri 09 May 2008, 12:02

The bell is in Focus?

_________________
Photo De' Lex

EOS 5D II, 40D, EF 8-15L FISHEYE f4, EF 16-35L f2.8 II USM, EF 50L f1.2 USM, EF 70-200L f2.8 IS USM, EF 100L f2.8, 580 EX II, BG E2N
avatar
Admin
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 1011
Age : 35
Location : ALJUNIED
Reputation : 4
Registration date : 2008-05-04

View user profile http://clikclub.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Rainbow at Changi Broadwalk

Post by daveghard on Fri 09 May 2008, 14:29

Hand held? or tripod? if hand held then the subject quite blur...at 33mm ur shutter shoul be likely to be 1/40 to prevent shake.....maybe can increase ISO to gain more stops.....but at this light condition hmmm ISO400 could be noisy already....there it goes for CANON noise handling which is quite good compare to N*$%^@....hehehhee

if u use tripod maybe a little bit of of focus only....

anyway nice capture

_________________
"let the memories remains"

http://www.flickr.com/photos/daveghard
http://daveghard.multiply.com
http://daveghard.blogspot.com --->>>>newly rebuilt from the past

-the fear to lose for what you have now is the path to the dark side.
avatar
daveghard
Senior Member
Senior Member

Male
Number of posts : 163
Age : 38
Location : Serangoon North
Reputation : 0
Registration date : 2008-05-05

View user profile http://daveghard.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Rainbow at Changi Broadwalk

Post by Admin on Fri 09 May 2008, 14:31

Subject blur? hmmm...

_________________
Photo De' Lex

EOS 5D II, 40D, EF 8-15L FISHEYE f4, EF 16-35L f2.8 II USM, EF 50L f1.2 USM, EF 70-200L f2.8 IS USM, EF 100L f2.8, 580 EX II, BG E2N
avatar
Admin
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 1011
Age : 35
Location : ALJUNIED
Reputation : 4
Registration date : 2008-05-04

View user profile http://clikclub.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Rainbow at Changi Broadwalk

Post by nicholas_khoo on Fri 09 May 2008, 15:00

daveghard wrote:Hand held? or tripod? if hand held then the subject quite blur...at 33mm ur shutter shoul be likely to be 1/40 to prevent shake.....maybe can increase ISO to gain more stops.....but at this light condition hmmm ISO400 could be noisy already....there it goes for CANON noise handling which is quite good compare to N*$%^@....hehehhee

if u use tripod maybe a little bit of of focus only....

anyway nice capture

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA............... lol! U are so funny on commenting ur N@#%^ HAHAHAHA..... Razz Razz

Yes, if u look closely, the round bell is slihtly out of focus. If it is really sharp, the reflection and the edge of the bell will show distinct color differentiation.
avatar
nicholas_khoo
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 307
Age : 40
Location : ALJUNIED
Reputation : 0
Registration date : 2008-05-04

View user profile http://web.me.com/nicholaskhoo

Back to top Go down

Re: Rainbow at Changi Broadwalk

Post by LAWrenceZ on Sat 10 May 2008, 00:00

nicholas_khoo wrote:
daveghard wrote:Hand held? or tripod? if hand held then the subject quite blur...at 33mm ur shutter shoul be likely to be 1/40 to prevent shake.....maybe can increase ISO to gain more stops.....but at this light condition hmmm ISO400 could be noisy already....there it goes for CANON noise handling which is quite good compare to N*$%^@....hehehhee

if u use tripod maybe a little bit of of focus only....

anyway nice capture

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA............... lol! U are so funny on commenting ur N@#%^ HAHAHAHA..... Razz Razz

Yes, if u look closely, the round bell is slihtly out of focus. If it is really sharp, the reflection and the edge of the bell will show distinct color differentiation.

My 1st post...

U'll juz need a lower f stop... try using ard 1.8, 1.6 or 1.4 u can easily get using ISO 200 with ard 1/200 shutter... as i was tell alex, the sigma prime 30mm f1.4 is a very good cost saving alternative to the costly 50mm f1.2 L... juz my 2 cents worth... =>
avatar
LAWrenceZ
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 339
Age : 34
Location : Sengkang
Reputation : 0
Registration date : 2008-05-08

View user profile http://www.beyondthelens.org

Back to top Go down

Re: Rainbow at Changi Broadwalk

Post by daveghard on Sat 10 May 2008, 00:25

Hahahaha i dont want to compare.......

anyway im really confuse of this photo since the title is about rainbow and the main subject is the bell......lowering F-stop will totally wash away the rainbow(become bokeh)... Used lower F-stop then u get sharp image..but ur rainbow gone....nevermind change the title also.......hahahaha just kidding only bros.......

_________________
"let the memories remains"

http://www.flickr.com/photos/daveghard
http://daveghard.multiply.com
http://daveghard.blogspot.com --->>>>newly rebuilt from the past

-the fear to lose for what you have now is the path to the dark side.
avatar
daveghard
Senior Member
Senior Member

Male
Number of posts : 163
Age : 38
Location : Serangoon North
Reputation : 0
Registration date : 2008-05-05

View user profile http://daveghard.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Rainbow at Changi Broadwalk

Post by LAWrenceZ on Sat 10 May 2008, 01:10

daveghard wrote:Hahahaha i dont want to compare.......

anyway im really confuse of this photo since the title is about rainbow and the main subject is the bell......lowering F-stop will totally wash away the rainbow(become bokeh)... Used lower F-stop then u get sharp image..but ur rainbow gone....nevermind change the title also.......hahahaha just kidding only bros.......

ya true la.. i not asking u to compare lehz... juz telling u there a cheaper alternative of the 50mm L lol... i always thinking in terms of cost savings, coz i start from self, thats why i ask u to consider lower f stops LOL~!...

ya u f-stop too low will bokeh the whole damn thing but it'll aid u in capturing stuffs in lower lighting conditions
avatar
LAWrenceZ
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 339
Age : 34
Location : Sengkang
Reputation : 0
Registration date : 2008-05-08

View user profile http://www.beyondthelens.org

Back to top Go down

Re: Rainbow at Changi Broadwalk

Post by fastfrag on Sat 10 May 2008, 02:14

hm.... yah hor must change topic hahaha, yeah the bell thingy is a bit blur hm... time to get IS lens liao....
avatar
fastfrag
Member
Member

Male
Number of posts : 91
Age : 37
Location : Singapore
Reputation : 2
Registration date : 2008-05-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rainbow at Changi Broadwalk

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum