Do we have to be correct all the time?

Go down

Do we have to be correct all the time?

Post by zamrud on Mon 10 Nov 2008, 00:12

Met up with an idol of mine recently, whom I've wanted to meet for quite some time now.....and all I can say of that meeting is that.....my beliefs has been renewed.

We sat down and threw ideas and beliefs at each other and I came back satisfied. His foresights on things are spot on…..and we shared the same insights on things. The only difference is….he did it in a more direct way…no BS kinda way. Which I love and respect.

In photography, some people are just a pain and just need to be correct all the time. Yes….ALL the time! When it comes to giving suggestions, comments or critiques….they just want the last word in everything. It has to be their way….and nothing else.

Do you still remember when your best friend asks you to tag along to advise him on a new shirt/shoe? And he insisted for your advise……on a blue shirt or a red one. …stating that he’s kinda undecided between the two. And being a good friend that you are……you chose RED. But he went for the BLUE!

Suddenly you felt defensive…..why the heck did he bring you along asking to advise him but in actual fact he already has the RED shirt already fix in his mind? Kinda irony isn’t it?

But sometimes we forget……that our advise is from our own perspective and preferences….but not from his. That is what we would have chosen…….if we were to choose between the 2….and if we were the one who’s buying/wearing it.

We forgot that it is merely a suggestion (and nothing else)……it depends for him/her to accept them. Do we really need to be defensive about it? Again at what expense?

Next time if you are the one asking for suggestions……please don’t do that to others if you’ve already set your mind on something else.

‘Sometimes winning is not everything’

Last edited by zamrud on Wed 12 Nov 2008, 18:53; edited 1 time in total
zamrud
Just joined

Male
Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2008-11-08

View user profile http://zamrudphotography.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Do we have to be correct all the time?

Post by Admin on Mon 10 Nov 2008, 19:52

Well said! Couldn't agree more with you!

EOS 5D II, 40D, EF 8-15L FISHEYE f4, EF 16-35L f2.8 II USM, EF 50L f1.2 USM, EF 70-200L f2.8 IS USM, EF 100L f2.8, 580 EX II, BG E2N
Admin
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 1011
Registration date : 2008-05-04

View user profile http://clikclub.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Metalz on Sun 25 Apr 2010, 21:20

I like reading what you said here. nice. your words have motivated me and i really agree alot with you! thank you!

Metalz

Male
Number of posts : 212
Registration date : 2008-12-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down