ClikClub Photography
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just wondering...how did you decide whether to get a Nikon or Canon dslr?

Go down

Just wondering...how did you decide whether to get a Nikon or Canon dslr? Empty Just wondering...how did you decide whether to get a Nikon or Canon dslr?

Post by RahimBhai Tue 06 Apr 2010, 02:12

People on the internet told me too.

I was looking at the 50D about a year ago but it was out of my price range. After looking and doing research on what I wanted to shoot and what camera had what I needed and could pay for, I ended up with a Olympus E-520. I don't do underexposed scarfs on my bed so noise was not an issue. Weight was, VR and menus I took into consideration and got the camera that I needed, not what would make other people think I'm cool. And so I can take the pictures I want to take with the right tool for my work. Not what other people say is cool or what other people say is right for me. We can give you tips on what camera does what; but just going Canon or Nikon is not a decision.

One thing too look at is full frame? Canon does it for $2000, Nikon for $8000. If you decide you'll have to get full frame lenses. APS ones don't work. Which is a decided to make if you want to start on APS, will you get alot now and trade them in later? ISO performance is one thing to look at. Focusing speed. I hear Canon is better for that. Will you e traveling? size and weight is a consideration. There is alot to consider; you're basically buying a computer imaging system, not just a camera.

The whole branding thing is a trick to sell cameras. And takes the fun out of photography. It's about the composite character. Are you jock or punk, Canon or Nikon? At this point I'd like to point out at the moment I'm making coffee before i head in to school. I'm studying Neuropsycholgy and advertising. Today we are going to learn how to interrupt the chemical pathways.

RahimBhai
Just joined

Male
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2010-04-06

Back to top Go down