ClikClub Photography
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Walk around after exam..

5 posters

Go down

Walk around after exam.. Empty Walk around after exam..

Post by ashtorath Fri 11 Jul 2008, 02:54

nothing special... no effect... no skill... juz playing withmy D80 kit lense..
thanks, pls c&c:

Walk around after exam.. Dsc0014editan4

Walk around after exam.. Dsc0103editoy5

Walk around after exam.. Dsc0022editbw3

some how, after i use pano... the pic become not sharp leh.. y huh?

Walk around after exam.. 34889172zj6

Walk around after exam.. 67553207gg3
ashtorath
ashtorath
Just joined

Male
Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-06-04

http://profiles.friendster.com/user.php

Back to top Go down

Walk around after exam.. Empty Re: Walk around after exam..

Post by ashtorath Fri 11 Jul 2008, 03:01

somemore... paiseh... bear with it..

Walk around after exam.. Dsc0091editlj3

Walk around after exam.. Dsc0024editah5
ashtorath
ashtorath
Just joined

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by nicholas_khoo Fri 11 Jul 2008, 09:59

Hi Ashtorath,
Congrates on getting the D80! I've always felt that is a fantastic camera.

Ok, first and foremost, If u like comments on your pics, maybe u should lable your pics with nos. It's easier for others to comment.

On composition wise, the pano shots are mm....could be better. The one taken overlooking the CBD has too much cut off at the top. It will be good to show some sky to give your picture some breathing space, especially,the building on the left which has it's top cut off. If u want to take such landscape shots, try using a GND filter or a CPL (Circular polariser Lense) as well. It will darken the sky and bring out the details or the blue and clouds shadows.

As for the clark quay pano shot, I would just focus on the colorful buildings.

As for the Sri.......something temple...pardon me for not knowing the name, ok, it's too many details. What i would do is this. I will take it at the lowest F-stop that your lens allow, E.g F4 to focus on the temple. The effect will be the white cows will be blur and the temple details are sharp. Why not F2.8? Becos the area DOF (Depth of Field) will be too small and not all the details will be in focus. Not to mention, with the slightly blurred cows, it will draw interest and focus on the viewers' eyes to the temple details.

As for the spiral stairs, Mm....it's not too interesting. It looks more lika snap shot and looks flat. The thing about taking abstract shots, u need to be VERY clear about what is straight, curves and lines. Only then will it being out the strength of the image.

As for the slow road pic, That is very interesting. HOwever, if u allow some cars to be seen on the road and not wait till there are no cars, it will be very nice. What i see is this, the road is very empty which created a lot of empty space which doesn't add to any interest. The dark rectangular vertical box on the road is also a point of distraction. How i would take this shot is, I will use Aperture setting, i will adjust my F-stop such that the speed is about 1/10 to 1/20. In this way, it will create that sort of cars which looked like it zoomed past the slow signs. However, the trick in using low speed is your image can be blur. So, if possible, place it on a tripod if it is the slow words are too blur.

In summary, things that u might want to learn. In photography, we tend to see the bright things that are in the pics first. It is the natural tendency. If your pic has white sky or white spot lights that overwhelms your subject, then it is a big distraction.

2nd, i've learnt recently not to just take. Take sometime, think thru what u want to convey to your viewers. Ask yourself, do u find by taking the whole pics is more interesting or more interesting if i only focus on a part of it and using very low F-stop?

3rd, try to frame your pics such that ONLY 1 item stands out. This also means, even if the background is a nice bokeh,it mustn't be too messy. Eg. taking a macroshot of a flower with many other flowers behind it, even though blur, will cause distraction. I know it is not easy to get sucha scenario. Even i have problems getting teh right composition and framing. note, if the flower can't move, you can.

Hope this is of some help to u....

Enjoy shooting!!
nicholas_khoo
nicholas_khoo
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 307
Registration date : 2008-05-04

http://web.me.com/nicholaskhoo

Back to top Go down

Post by freezemaster Fri 11 Jul 2008, 14:50

Hi cograts and i am using a D80 too Very Happy.
WHat exams did you finish?

Hi haha i am no pro ... but just some comments from me . hope u don't get offended just doing the C&C you requested at the stop of your post.

Picture 1. I think that the overblown sky does not fit the, religious and architecture kind of theme. You might wanna take it later in the evening when the not sky is too bright so you can have some colours of the skies in the top or it will be very product shot looking. but its a good angle !

Picture 2. Yes you have some sky there. but when photographing try not to cut off buildings ... the orange building is cut off at the top and the shop houses has a little of the next shop. if you wanna include it than include the whole thing in for landscape, unless you are doing abstract that it maybe fine. Cose leaving parts our is distracting, an example is like taking a group shot but the guy at the end got cut off kind of feeling.

Picture 3. the bulb is rather distracting. you also might wanna leave out the bottom patch of building too ..its like out of nowhere kind of thing. but good angle Very Happy

2nd post 1st picture. I like that idea of the photo Very Happy might wanna like include a car in the frame Very Happy ! 2nd lane from the left will be good ... rule of thirds.

freezemaster
Just joined

Male
Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2008-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post by ashtorath Sat 12 Jul 2008, 00:52

thanks for the c&c, i really learn alot.. be harsh, no worries.. as i'm new to photography, i wana learn more also. Very Happy

Freezemaster, i taking some private diploma to torture myself..hahha... tat day i know i will fail my paper, so go chinatown walk walk and shoot..

btw, one question, how to see the difference between Snapshoot and the other duno-wat shoot??
i always see tis thing mention, but i dunno the diff.. confused

Last edited by ashtorath on Sat 12 Jul 2008, 02:31; edited 1 time in total
ashtorath
ashtorath
Just joined

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ashtorath Sat 12 Jul 2008, 01:44

Somemore i took today:
Pls C&C... thanks. Very Happy

#1. Walk around after exam.. Copyofdsc0025edithz0

all this r before i see u guys' posts... so tink i make mistakes again.. Crying or Very sad

#2. Walk around after exam.. Dsc0035editro7

#3. Walk around after exam.. Dsc0045editig0
ashtorath
ashtorath
Just joined

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LAWrenceZ Sat 12 Jul 2008, 02:29

wah super long post from nic, i think i shall juz comment on the new pics... lol...

#1 - the sky is nt bad, should had done this for the temple shot previously, but why the slight tilt? i think the building is slightly underexposed, should try HDR, it helps a lot... => can learn from master dave/crespo/gary... lol

#2 - looks kinda an abstract line art to me so i wont comment on this...

#3 - OOF? increase ya aperature a bit to allow ya foreground to be more in focus like wat nic has described the f4 and not 2.8 theory, try standing further away, framing ya foreground to be smaller(maybe applying the rule of thirds would help) while pulling perspective or the background nearer by using zoom. the whiteout sky looks kinda distracting too, maybe using the building to block out the sky would be nicer?

juz some personal opinions, i'm still a noob... hope u dont mind... =>
LAWrenceZ
LAWrenceZ
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2008-05-08

http://www.beyondthelens.org

Back to top Go down

Post by ashtorath Sat 12 Jul 2008, 02:38

LAWrenceZ wrote:wah super long post from nic, i think i shall juz comment on the new pics... lol...

#1 - the sky is nt bad, should had done this for the temple shot previously, but why the slight tilt? i think the building is slightly underexposed, should try HDR, it helps a lot... => can learn from master dave/crespo/gary... lol

#2 - looks kinda an abstract line art to me so i wont comment on this...

#3 - OOF? increase ya aperature a bit to allow ya foreground to be more in focus like wat nic has described the f4 and not 2.8 theory, try standing further away, framing ya foreground to be smaller(maybe applying the rule of thirds would help) while pulling perspective or the background nearer by using zoom. the whiteout sky looks kinda distracting too, maybe using the building to block out the sky would be nicer?

juz some personal opinions, i'm still a noob... hope u dont mind... =>

No prob, bro.
juz that today the sky is kind to me, not as empty as the previous temple one.
i dun hav the HDR program leh, but i tink i take a step a time, as i still learning basic. Very Happy

for #3, i dun understand ur framing part.
''framing ya foreground to be smaller(maybe applying the rule of thirds would help) while pulling perspective or the background nearer by using zoom''
can use more laymen terms? paiseh, english no good.
but thanks for the C&C. Very Happy
ashtorath
ashtorath
Just joined

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by daveghard Sat 12 Jul 2008, 02:44

if u dont mind, next time if u want to have C n C better to include your EXIF also for us to easily understand what happend and what went wrong....anyway ur improving bro!...i remember you last month asking what camera model to buy....within this short period of time u have done great in photography....ur an artist in deed and an artist deep in heart....yeah don't be turned off of C n C for u if sometimes so harsh...it one way to make u learn...i learn also from CnC from our mother club here singapore which involves a lot of members (we also a member of other big club)......very interactive, good and bad comments u will get...one core thing is "we learned"

im really interested in the shot taken in the road with "slow slow slow" ur creativity appear here...but there are rooms for improvements. maybe make it time that have one car aproaching and took the shoot for u to have the main subject....the rest i cant comment coz u havent describe the weather condition and EXIF.....i found some of ur captures the sky realy overcast......but it make ur subject really stand out......but for me its not portraiture that need to have this effect. better if u have good sky background....as landscaper we need to observe weather condition also if OK to take pictures........anyway ur doin great...keep on posting......
daveghard
daveghard

Male
Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2008-05-05

http://daveghard.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by LAWrenceZ Sat 12 Jul 2008, 02:48

eh... try making the statue smaller, using the 'rule of thirds' to frame it would help a lot...

if u noticed, zooming in will also pull ya background closer to u, try that, it helps too...
LAWrenceZ
LAWrenceZ
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2008-05-08

http://www.beyondthelens.org

Back to top Go down

Post by ashtorath Sat 12 Jul 2008, 02:59

Yo, Daveghard, long time no c u... Very Happy
yah, Alex juz taught me how to see EXIF last nite.. will do so next round.
i dun mind abt harsher C&C as i wana learn from my mistake too.
for the ''slow'' pic, actually i realise i scare of height, looking down from 20th storey, i really cold sweat..
want to slow the shutter for cars to hav the effect, but i juz snap and move away from the railing... my legs also turn jelly.. hahaha... weak... Laughing

for the weather part, how to describe? sunny day?
pls advise, thks. Smile

thks Lawrence, will try it again. Cheers. Very Happy
ashtorath
ashtorath
Just joined

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down