ClikClub Photography
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which lens for festival photography?

Go down

Which lens for festival photography? Empty Which lens for festival photography?

Post by ajaybali Wed 28 Apr 2010, 20:13

Hey everyone!

Im currently in the process of receiving my press pass and photographers pass for glastonbury 2010. I dont currently have any lens which will be fast enough for such dark lighting so i will need to purchase one. However im not sure which to get. to list a few i can get my hands on are as follows:

Nikon AF-S DX 17-55mm f/2.8 G IF-ED
Nikon AF-S 24-70mm f/2.8 G ED
Nikon AF-S 70-200mm f/2.8 G IF-ED VR
Nikon AF-S 105mm f/2.8 G IF-ED VR Micro

I have to have an AF-S as i am using a D5K. These are ones i can get hold of easily and i was thinking perhaps the Nikon AF-S 24-70mm f/2.8 G ED. However i dont know if the zoom is going to be enough (Not been in photographers pit at glastonbury before)

The question is, do you think any of the other lens i have mentioned would be better or do you know of any which would suit my needs more. I need fast but with a good zoom. im thinking that the 70-200 doesnt give me enough at the lower end. starting at 70mm will be a bit to far in? not sure how it compares to distances. I hope you can help me and i'll try and answer any other questions you may have.

I hope you can help!!!!
Thanks in advance

ajaybali
Just joined

Male
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-04-28

Back to top Go down